Concluded / Concluso
The IOM Regional Office for the EEA, the EU and NATO and the IOM Coordination Office for the Mediterranean – Mission to Italy & Malta
are pleased to invite you to the
ADMin4ALL Final Event
Supporting social inclusion of migrants in European cities
When? Thursday, 15 April 2021, 9:30 – 13:00 (CEST)
Where? WebEx platform (register to get access link)
Watch the event
After almost 5 years of implementation, the EU-funded project ADMin4ALL – Supporting social inclusion of vulnerable migrants in Europe comes to an end. With 33 localities in 7 EU member States engaged and over 1,000 local service providers trained, ADMin4ALL is today a EU-wide community of cities committed to integration.
The final event will allow us to take stock of the work done to support local authorities across Europe in fostering the social inclusion of migrants. It will also offer an opportunity to look into the latest developments of EU migration and integration policy, together with:
- Ola Henrikson, Director of the IOM Regional Office for the EEA, the EU and NATO
- Katarina Ivankovic-Knezevic, Social Affairs Director at European Commission’s DG Employment
- Antje Grotheer, Rapporteur of the European Committee of Regions on the New Pact on Migration and Asylum
Moreover, representatives from different EU cities will discuss the main challenges faced and the good practices put in place to foster social cohesion, including in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. They will share their experience on countering discrimination in the access to local services, in engaging the private sector to boost migrants’ labour integration and making social services more inclusive. These topics will be addressed in thematic sessions, together with IOM experts and facilitators.
Speakers in the thematic sessions will include:
- Representatives of the cities of Wroclaw (Poland), Milan (Italy), Malaga (Spain) and the government of Malta
- Jobst Koehler, Senior Integration and Migrant Training Specialist, IOM Headquarters
- Calin Rus, Director of the Intercultural Institute of Timisoara
- Luisa Balbi, Private-Sector Engagement Expert for IOM and OSCE
The event will be moderated by Geertrui Lanneau, Senior Labour Mobility and Human Development Specialist, IOM Regional Office for the EEA, the EU and NATO.
The ADMin4ALL final event will be public and recorded. The link to the recording of the webinar will be available on this page after the end of the live event.
You can download the programme of the event by clicking here.
We look forward to you participating in the discussion!