ADMin4ALL also intends to support coordination within and among institutions dealing with migrant inclusion at the local level (municipalities, the police, schools, etc.) as well as with non-state actors (including civil society, local NGOs and the private sector).
To this end, pilot coordination initiatives will be supported to enhance internal coordination among the concerned divisions of a selected institution (mainly municipalities), and/or externally with other local institutions and non-state actors.
Such initiatives are implemented in selected municipalities of all project Countries:
- Austria: 2 local workshops in the towns of Telfs (coordination workshop on housing for migrants) and Kufstein (coordination workshop on improved integration services);
- Greece: 1 national workshop to support coordination between national and local authorities for the Greek “Centers for Migrant Integration” operating at municipal level;
- Italy: 1 feasibility study in Milan to support the creation of a new municipal one-stop shop for migrants with the support of an external consultant;
- Malta: 1 workshop to enhance coordination between national and local authorities for the implementation of the new integration strategy;
- Poland: 1 study on the migrant communities in Warsaw to support the implementation of the new local integration strategy;
- Romania: 1 study in Cluj-Napoca to support the municipality in identifying migrants’ skills and matching them with the needs of the local labour market;
- Spain: development of 2 coordination mechanisms for improved integration services in Madrid and Malaga with the support of an external consulting firm.