With the support of the Migration Policy Institute, ADMin4ALL conducted research and developed recommendations on:
- Models of local governance of social services for migrants
- Social innovation leveraging CSOs and the private sector
The two research papers will be presented to EU Stakeholders and municipal representatives in a conference in Brussels in April 2020.
According to research findings, the main reccomendations to improve the governance of social services for migrants at the local level are:
- Striking a balance between targeted and mainstream services;
- Improving coordination and collaboration within the municipality;
- Developing a participatory integration strategy and action plan.
In order to foster social innovation through enhanced synergies with civil society and private sector, the research also recommends:
- Addressing the needs of the most vulnerable and hardest to reach;
- Involving communities and reshaping narratives;
- Forming unconventional alliances including with the private sector